WAVERLY-SHELL ROCK HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, May 20
New Gym Closed
GGolf Regional @ Pin Oak Golf Course, Manchester
9thBBB @ Cedar Falls – 5:00pm
VBSoccer – Substate – Humboldt – 6:30pm
JV/VGSoccer – Hudson – H – 6:00pm
5th-12thGr Orchestra – Rada – 7:00pm
JV/VBBB – Denver – H – 5:30pm
Lunch Menu – May 20 Breakfast Menu – May 21
Choose 1 Entrée Cereal Bowl
Chicken Patty on a Bun Chocolate Chip Muffin Top
Hot Ham & Cheese on a Bun or
Uncrustable PJ Sandwich Breakfast Pizza
Choose 1-3 Sides
W-SR Trivia Question for May 20-24
Which W-SR High School teacher is retiring at the end of this school year?
1) Nineteen track and field events qualified for State. Congratulations to Selena Sweet and Mrs. Fox, winners of last week’s W-SR Trivia Contest. Please stop by the library to pick up your coupon for a free Pizza Ranch pizza!
2) Congratulations to the girls' track and field team for their 3rd place team finish at the State Meet!
This was accomplished by the following team effort:
3000 - Anna Holdiman 1st place and Abby Caldwell 5th place
Distance Medley Relay - Becca Cherry, Madi Walker, Abby Caldwell and Anna Holdiman placing 2nd and breaking a 30 year old school record!
800 - Anna Holdiman 3rd place and Abby Caldwell 7th
100 - Becca Cherry 7th place
200 - Becca Cherry 7th place
1500 - Anna Holdiman 1st place and Abby Caldwell 3rd place; Anna set the 3A State Meet record and new school record.
100 hurdles - LaJaida Even placed 18th
4x400 - Becca Cherry, Briana Miller, Courtney Gilley, and Mady Walvatne placed 15th
3) Congratulations to the boys track and field State Placewinners
* High Jump - Brett McCalla - 3rd place - 6-2
* 400 - Brett McCalla - 3rd place - 48.91
* Medley - (Steggall, Durscher, McCalla, Wise) - 6th place - 3:34.55
* 800 - Ethan Wise - 7th place - 1:57.61
* Shuttle - (Webber, P. Bates, Bradford, T. Bates) - 8th place - 60.06
* 200 - Brett McCalla - 4th place - 22.64
· Brett McCalla - 400 Dash - 48.91 @ State Meet
3) Please contact Ms. Thompson if you would like information about Cook This!, a culinary competition, taking place this summer at the Iowa State Fair.
4) Juniors: senior shirts are $10 and due Friday the 24th. Lexi Soldwisch or Ali Arns will be at breakfast all this week starting at 7:45 am to turn your money in and get your shirt size! Contact them if you have any questions!
5) Tomorrow during lunch, next year’s junior and senior classes will get an opportunity to select their 4 reps for student senate. There is not a contested race for next year’s sophomores. Please take the time to vote to pick the students that will represent you next year.
Student Body (Student senate) officers for next year.
President: Ali Arns
Vice-President: Lexi Soldwisch
Secretary: Scott Van Daalen
Treasurer: Robbie Newell
Toilet Talk Editor: Katie Foy